Experienced San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycles are an affordable, environmentally friendly, and fun means of transportation. But when they are involved in accidents, serious injuries are often sustained – and even death in the most tragic collisions.
If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in San Francisco that was caused by someone else, you may be entitled to recover damages. We encourage you to consult with our San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyer. Our law firm will explain how filing a motorcycle accident claim works and how we will help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Contact our law office to schedule your free consultation today.
Golden State Accident Lawyers
At Golden State Accident Lawyers, we represent wrongfully injured motorcycle accident victims. We seek maximum compensation for all injuries and damages sustained by our clients. We understand that this process can feel long and confusing. This is why we provide dedicated, committed, and personal service to our clients.
If you have been wrongfully injured in a motorcycle accident in San Francisco, let our experienced San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyers help you recover the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and to talk about your situation.
Why Hire a San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Even if you think your motorcycle accident claim is simple and straightforward, it’s wise to prepare yourself for the unexpected. The case may actually be complicated, and you may require legal representation. An experienced attorney can help deal with the liable party’s insurance companies and negotiate a full and fair settlement.
The right San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure that you understand all aspects of your case. All the other parties in the case, especially the liable insurance company(s), are working to prevent you from receiving the compensation you need and deserve. However, experienced motorcycle accident attorneys will improve the chances of winning your case and being fairly compensated.
It is always a good idea to consult with a qualified personal injury lawyer after any accident, but it becomes even more crucial if you have suffered a significant injury or long-term disability, have staggering medical bills, have experienced a significant loss of income due to your injuries, or when there is disputed liability or non-payment on behalf of the insurance company.
Hiring an aggressive motorcycle accident lawyer to fight on your behalf will equip you with the necessary tools to win your personal injury claim. Your lawyer will ensure you understand your options, advise you of the best courses of action to take, advocate for you, and assist you with gathering the evidence needed to prove your case.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
Each motorcycle accident case is different, and there is no quick and easy way to determine exactly how much a claim may be worth. The final settlement will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Liability – This refers to who was at fault for the accident. If the other driver is clearly at fault, it will strengthen the settlement value of your claim.
- Damages – Damages refer to the verifiable injuries and financial losses you have suffered as a result of the accident., They are based on the nature and extent of your physical injuries, past and future lost wages and income, property damage, pain and suffering, as well as other losses.
Working with an attorney who has extensive experience in handling motorcycle accident claims gives you a better chance of getting a larger settlement.
How Long Will My Motorcycle Accident Claim Take?
Due to the many variables involved in each case, it is difficult to estimate the amount of time it will take to resolve your San Francisco motorcycle accident claim. That said, here are three variables that commonly influence how long it takes a motorcycle accident claim to be resolved:
- The extent of your injuries – How long it takes to resolve a motorcycle accident claim largely depends on the amount of time it takes to evaluate the injuries you sustained in the accident. It is also based on receiving a firm medical diagnosis, establishing a treatment plan, and the projected cost of any long-term care or future surgeries that may be required. Rushing this process can lessen your financial recovery.
- Documentation – Sometimes settlements can take longer due to delays in obtaining third-party documentation, such as proof of loss of earnings documentation, medical records, witness statements, and police reports.
- The insurance company – It can take a lot longer to resolve your claim if the insurance company refuses to admit liability or denies facts that influence your compensation. Settling a claim can also take longer due to a backlog of claims at the insurance company, and may not reflect on the specifics of your case.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in fatalities compared to car accidents. However, you may be able to prevent some motorcycle accidents from happening to you if you understand the kinds of risks that increase the likelihood of an accident occurring.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 5,014 motorcyclists killed and another 84,000 motorcyclists injured in motorcycle accidents across the nation in 2019. Here are the most common causes of San Francisco motorcycle accidents, and why they occur:
- Left-turn accidents – Accidents caused when a car makes a left turn and crashes into an oncoming motorcycle are some of the most devastating accidents for motorcyclists. In most of these cases, the driver neglected to check for motorcycles, or to accurately judge the speed of a motorcycle before turning in front of it. However, a car that turns left in front of a motorcycle is not always liable for an accident.
- Turning a corner too fast – When a motorcyclist is going too fast around the corner, she or he may find it hard to judge the curve and could be at risk of an accident when the curve tightens or narrows.
- Car moving into a motorcycle’s lane – This usually happens because the driver could not see the motorcycle in the car’s blind spot, and covers both lane drifting and complete lane changes. In such cases, motorcyclists need to remain aware of blind spots in a driver’s field of vision and stay out of these spots as much as possible.
- Rear-end accidents – These accidents occur when a car follows the motorcycle too closely or when a motorcycle is tailgating a car. Motorcyclists need to leave as much space as possible between their bikes and the vehicle in front of them to avoid such accidents.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcyclists are not fully protected, a motorcycle accident almost always involves some form of injury. Motorcycle riders injured in car accidents often suffer broken bones, fractures (such as to the wrist, collar bones, and ribs) and road rash, as well as, more serious injuries such as, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other catastrophic injuries.
Determining Liability in a San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Case
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in California, then the standard rules of negligence apply to determine who is liable to compensate you for your injuries and losses. This essentially means establishing who did what and the type of wrong caused. Having the ability to prove this will help your case.
You and your attorney need to prove that the other driver did something wrong, and that their wrongdoing led to you suffering injuries and financial losses. But this is often more complicated than it sounds.
Juries tend to hold motorcyclists to a very high standard, and are not very forgiving when a motorcyclist makes mistakes. Any amount of fault on the part of an injured motorcyclist, due to speeding or reckless driving, can hurt their motorcycle accident claim and limit the amount of compensation they are able to recover.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
The most important thing to do after a motorcycle accident is to seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries. This is best for both your personal health and the outcome of your claim, as your medical records will help you prove your injuries.
You also need time to find a good California personal injury attorney who can serve as a strong advocate for you. When you are looking for the right attorney, choose one who focuses on personal injury law and has experience with motorcycle accident cases in California.
You should also pay attention to the lawyer’s reputation to gauge their best ability to represent you. Finally, consider whether you are personally comfortable with your lawyer, and whether the lawyer communicates in a manner that you understand.
Contact the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in San Francisco
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else, you need a lawyer experienced in motorcycle accident claims to help you get the compensation that you and your family need to recover from your injuries and financial losses.
At Golden State Accident Lawyers, we always work to give our clients the attention and consideration they deserve. We know how challenging this process can be and have the experience to help you receive the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
Call us today or visit our contact page to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable and experienced San Francisco motorcycle accident lawyer, where we can discuss your situation and how we can help.
Golden State Accident Lawyers
550 Bryant St. Suite 2K
San Francisco, CA 94107